50's bicycles!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
When I was nabbin' some breakfast this morning some folks showed up ridin' these old 50's bicycles!

BoB

Attachments

• -6.jpg
    -6.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 50
  • -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 49
  • -3.jpg
    -3.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 40
  • -4.jpg
    -4.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 45
  • -2.jpg
    -2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 60
I've got a '50's Schwinn bicycle built for two hanging from the rafters in my shop. My ex GF and I used to ride it pretty regularly, but it is a heavy momma. Weighs about twice what a modern bike weighs. She always insisted on being up front and steering and all I got was a dumb bell to ring in the back.:eek::D:D

Don

My first bike

Early 60's had the "tanks" on the top tube of the frame. The lights were mounted in front of the tanks (dual lights) and they ran off a D cell flash light battery. Didn't last long but cool at night when you had a fresh battery.
Rod

PS
These big frame bikes went by the wayside when Schwinn introduced the chopper styled bikes. Tall sissy bars, banana seats and ape hangers we the order of the day then and we'd never be the same......I would never be the same. Still choppin' up perfectly good motor cycles.

Latest posts

Back