'40, '41ish chevy, gmc project "EL CHEAPOLA"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zordan

here are a few pics of my latest find. its an early 40's chevy or gmc cab. it has X's on the firewall so early 40's is a good guess!
anyway my plans are to get this thing completed for as CHEAP as possible. i have $300 into it now, and have the cab, (obviously) a plymouth flathead 6 with toploader transmission driveshaft, and radiator (all scored for free!:eek:) , a set of ford wires, and a '50 shoebox dash i have to narrow for it. of course a few odds and ends too. i have a 30/31 A grille shell, but i dont think it will look good with this cab. i was thinking 36 ford, raked back. i dont know if i'm going to build a frame or keep scrounging for one.....it is going to get a 4 1/2" haircut, and Z'd frame for sure. after cleaning it i noticed the green was actually blue! good stuff, and it already has california air conditioning (see bulletholes everywhere) i'm going to stop blabbering and show some pics.

07-27-07_1643.jpg

07-28-07_1706.jpg

07-28-07_1650.jpg

Zordan,
U're not gonna chop da back window?

BoB

i was going to, but i dont think the mailslot would look good on this cab. there is so much material between the window and the beltline that it should actually look proportionate with it dropped into the back of the cab.

Here is my 39, same basic cab with a 4 inch chop through the window. But I built my own bed, so maybe that changed the look.

Attachments

• 39rearviewsmall.jpg
    39rearviewsmall.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 66
"El Cheapola" gets a front end!

so for 75 bucks i stumble upon a 28/29 model A axle, 19" wires, 'bones, spring....(you get the point) i go back next weekend and get the rear end, spring and 'bones for the whopping price of....you guessed it, another $75!
anyway heres a few pics......oh, i also got the steering column, box, pitman, and wheel :) total cost so far (less gas money) $375!

08-04-07_1923.jpg

08-04-07_1922.jpg

El Cheapola gets some tail!

just want and picked up this rear end today for the truck build, and i cleaned out my garage!
awww, dont they look so good together!!
DSC01403.jpg

DSC01402.jpg

Latest posts

Back