Mix for tank..?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadRATT

I thought I had remembered about Argon but I found an ad that states the guy has several Argon tanks for sale.Some he says are 100% Argon...I thought you go with a mixed tank..75% Argon

C25 is the most common mig mix which is a 75/25% argon/co2 mix. Straight argon is used for tig welding. Both mixed and straight argon cylinders use with the same fitting in the cylinders, its a CGA 580 so they can fill that cylinder with either mixed or straigt argon. When you use straight co2 for mig welding the fitting is a CGA 320 and not interchangeable as far as gasses go.

Sweet..thanks..

Thanks Metal twister...Heading over to buy the 75% mix right now....:D:D Welder will be here Friday..CANT WAIT...wanna burn stuff...melt stuff...FIRE..FIRE...hehehehehehe

Be sure to buy a shade 10 or 11 lens for your helmet. 12 thru 14 is too dark to see mig arcs very well. Also know that you can use straight co2 with your mig... Thats all I use for my 115volt machine. Its a little dirtier but a lot cheaper than Mix. The up side is it leaves a smaller crown but deeper penetration than mix. Not the best thing for sheet metal but you can learn to us it on the thinnest metals with just a little practice. and the old iron is plenty thick to use the CO2 on.The bottles cost less as well as the contents. You use the head pressure off of the liquid in a co2 bottle. That means that for the same sized bottle you will get just short of 4 times more volume than a high pressure mix. Plus the refill price is a lot cheaper. If your going to grind your welds it is much cheaper, specially if its practice time... Buy some anti spatter and spray your work down before welding. It works like cooking Pam on your pots and pans... it wont allow spatter to stick and a Lot cheaper than Argon... What ever its worth:confused:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back