Muffler paste ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Murphy

I've seen a couple of car shows where they used a light colored paste on exhaust and tail pipes where they slid into the muffler before the clamps were installed.

What is this paste and where do I get it?

Sounds like your refering to Muffler Cement. Walker Exhaust makes a product that looks like black tar until it cures with the exhaust heat, then it turns white or light gray, good stuff, but messy. Other brands are asbestos based, and are a thick paste that air hardens rather quickly, can be a bit harder to deal with, Either type is meant for small crevises and openings. Can be found at most retailers that sell exhaust parts. A fairly common product. Sniper

Muffler Cement, Good stuff..I worked in an Exhaust Shop a few years back and on each and every system we installed we used it. It takes care of all the little leaks. Only problem is if you have to take it apart (the joint), It can take the exhaust heat but it doesn't like the heat from a torch, It pops and sputters and throws stuff all over the place.

Latest posts

Back