how would you fix this?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustycarr

back was cut out during war, i dont care to have a functional trunk lid, im guessing just build a frame buy a trunk lid and fill in gaps..any rat ideas, maybe expanded metal..louvers..any pics or photo shop would be cool

Attachments

• !BcF24p!Bmk~$(KGrHqIH-CIEquOQ(0FvBKy9LWC8PQ~~_12.jpg
    !BcF24p!Bmk~$(KGrHqIH-CIEquOQ(0FvBKy9LWC8PQ~~_12.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 355
  • !BcLcGeg!mk~$(KGrHqQH-E!Eque2ByyhBKzV0nF2Og~~_12.jpg
    !BcLcGeg!mk~$(KGrHqQH-E!Eque2ByyhBKzV0nF2Og~~_12.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 286
back was cut out during war, i dont care to have a functional trunk lid, im guessing just build a frame buy a trunk lid and fill in gaps..any rat ideas, maybe expanded metal..louvers..any pics or photo shop would be cool

I kinda like it the way it is.

Fix it? I'm with the Dog on this one!!! I really like it like it is!!!

BoB

You could do just about anything for a filler panel. I like the idea of something louvered. I don't know if you are going to put in a trunk floor or not. This is how I did mine. Not ratty, but functional.

But like I said before I like it as.

Attachments

• mybuild26.jpg
    mybuild26.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 123
War?? What War??....I'd prolly look for another coupe rear section and splice it on. I like the original trunk on those ol coupes.:D Guess I'm old fashioned!!

Different....

I like to think a little different.... by the looks of top chop you should have no problem with a mid 50's Gm truck hood blended and reshaped to your taste... maybe... ah ... I don't know... a corvair header (grill) for the lower filler...

By the time you narrow the the rear of the hood and widen the front and contour to taste, I doubt most people will know what you used. Only that it has a great shape, unlike the original less than inspiring barrel deck.

How about a 48 chev hood, to create a boat tail look.

But, these all assume you like to work metal.[;)

Why not use the back of some 50's car, narrowed and grafted into place. I'm thinking something like a 58 Buick or Oldsmobile,or even Caddi . Now that would be something you don't see very often.

I took 4 pieces of 1/2" sq. tubing and bent it to match the curve of the ends of the deck opening then laid the metal over and tacked it,
here's a sample of what the tubing looked like. was bent with a 79.00 pipe bender from Harbor Freight. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back