Trans oil cooler lines ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Murphy

Dose anyone use rubber hose cooler lines on transmissions?

I need to replace the hard lines the butcher installed on the hot rod I bought a few months back and really don't want to spend $5.00 a foot for braided steel lines.

If you can't do hard lines, I'd spend the $5 a foot.

Cheap insurance down the road

there is such thing as a rubber hose that can be used for that application....-but it is NOT the same as fuel hose, and is more expensive than fuel hose--

the fuel-type-hose will swell and cause problems...

personally i use 5/16 or 3/8 metal brake/fuel lines, bent to the shapes of my frame, (fairly cheap)...then just use short lengths of the rubber oil hose to make flexible connections.....works well and is affordable!:D

Yep, I've used rubber fuel line in the past and it doesn't last long. :eek: NAPA and others have the rubber transmission line Preacher mentioned. Be sure to double clamp the ends if possible and use the longer than normal brass fittings if you can find them.

The correct rubber line is pretty good.........I had it on my Jeep truck for about 5 years with no leaks or problems.

Don

Trans cooler

Decided to eliminate the cooling lines to the rad and go with a Hayden trans cooler 12"X 13 1/2" with fan under the truck, will have shorter lines and better cooling for my Tubro 350.

Thanks for all the input.

you don't need steel braided hose. you can get fuel hose made for fuel injection equiped cars & still use hose clamps on it. it is much less than $5.00 a foot. steel
braid looks cool but a waste of money for your application. trans pressure is not all that
high. i don't do it but i have seen oxy/acetylyne hose used. it works fine too.

Latest posts

Back