Rear end ID please???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

Hello.

Got my 54 International Harvester hauled home today.:D Wanting to see if anyone can ID this rear end for me?

Its a 54 IH, Model# R-130. Rear is a 10 bolt pattern with the code 82759RI and is dated 8-27-53

Wat type rear? Gearing? Axle size? Good for hi horsepower or can it be set up for it?

Tnx for any help. RR

What horsepower is high for you? 400,500,600...more?

I wouldn't trust it with a blower or any other power adder.

Binders were made to haul loads. Rated to haul more than would actually fit in their beds. Not to get from A-B in a hurry:D

I got a blown sbc. Probably 5-550 horses. Can it be made to handle this? Different axles, ect...??? Tnx, RR

I got a blown sbc. Probably 5-550 horses. Can it be made to handle this? Different axles, ect...??? Tnx, RR

Why go through all that trouble with axels and bolt and patterns on a 50 year old rear, not to mention that brake shoes, bearings and drums would be very pricey, when you can pick up another late model rear end for almost nothing.
JMO...........

Curt:)

Do you have any pictures of the IH rear, easier to ID with pics. Just guess but could be Dana 44 lots of trucks of that era used them.

Get a built 9" Ford or 12 bolt Chevy. Cheaper than trying to get axles, gears etc for the one you have.

Latest posts

Back