My turbocharged '04 harley

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboRoadster

2004 1200R Harley Nallin performance goodies like
big bore 1250 kit, 10.5 forged pistons, ported and polished buell xb heads, big hairy cams, programmable ignition, warner-ishi rhb-52 turbo, mikuni 42, and a crapload other stuffs thrown in.

turbo.jpg

yup, I had it installed on the stock motor before, it was awesome, now its built for high boost and race fuel, prolly will never see it, but its fun to pull a gear or two with 8# boost and pump gas and then let off:D
with the new motor, it should really drop some serious ponies down. I dont race it to much though, just built it to be different but it is fun smoking the big twins like they are in reverse.

wow....i had a friend with 900 yamaha seca from the 80's. I was always trying to talk him into a turbo. he told me i was nuts....

Ahh, a fellow member of the great xl-list at sportster.org. Yes, I spy your xl-list timing cover. :) Very nice. I've only seen one other turbo on a sporty, and that was at the Sportster.org KC event two years ago. Sam Dakin's turbo was there and it was very nice setup indeed.

Last edited:
Ahh, a fellow member of the great xl-list at sportster.org. Yes, I spy your xl-list timing cover. :) Very nice. I've only seen one other turbo on a sporty, and that was at the Sportster.org KC event two years ago. Sam Dakin's turbo was there and it was very nice setup indeed.
Sam Dakin is the guy who gave me the knowledge to do what I did. This whole set up is based on his salt racer set up. I just did it a wee bit different, but his info was worth gold. He's a wonderful fellow indeed to share his experience from a path previously traveled.
The xl list cover is #007/100 :D
I'll take some new pictures tonight, I have the oil pump and lines all plumbed in. should be ready to start when I get off my lazy butt and hook up the fuel and vac lines.

i was just thinking.....wont that be hot when you're riding around town? are you going to build a heat shield for it?

the turbo hot piping is to the front. I ran this set up last year on the stock motor with no problems, well, the engine headers were wrapped then, so I hope I dont have an issue with it. if so, I'll wrap em again.

Latest posts

Back