Is anything too rough?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olddrags

This followed me home recently, about 6 inches rusted off the lower body, Prev owner said its a 33 Plymouth, I dont have a clue, I've got "rat fever" I'm thinkin this is a candidate, any suggestions?

Attachments

• mopar2.jpg
    mopar2.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 226
It is a cool looking cab. The quick answer is ,there is metal that has gone too far. Once it falls apart in bubbles of old rust, there is not much you can do with it. The upper portions look pretty good, so maybe you can use that. It looks as though this body wants to be a rat rod, it has already self channeled.

Naturally sectioned!!!

This followed me home recently, about 6 inches rusted off the lower body, Prev owner said its a 33 Plymouth, I dont have a clue, I've got "rat fever" I'm thinkin this is a candidate, any suggestions?

Olddrags,
Wow... mother nature has already sectioned this cab just for u!!! ; - >

BoB

good start

If it was mine I'd mark a line all around the bottom then cut it off
Then take a piece of angle iron and weld it inside the body to mount the floor
Build my own frame that was low
And have A nice little truck
This truck can be saved:cool:

Hey, if it provides the inspiration and motivation to build the motor, chassis, driveline etc. then it did its job and you can use it or replace it .

Ratrod fever Rules.

I'd patch it back to original proportions. .... It's just metal.

Trimming the bottom looks wrong on most trucks/cars.

FYI....I have to replace the bottom 6-8 inches on one of my projects (and no patch panels are available)

yeah

man thats gonna be cool, would look baaaadd aazzz with a chop and maybe 3" added to the bottom just for proportion purposes. wish something like that would follow me home,good lick man and please keep us updated:cool:

If it was mine I'd mark a line all around the bottom then cut it off
Then take a piece of angle iron and weld it inside the body to mount the floor
Build my own frame that was low
And have A nice little truck
This truck can be saved:cool:

This would be my suggestion too! Hopefully your not that tall? :D

Thunder1

Latest posts

Back