my 51 chevy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monzadood

Banned
5 inch chop. bed shortened 6.5 inches. chevy 350 . air-ride on s10 frame.
100_0311.jpg

i owned the s10 for about 4 years. put the small block in it. put air-ride on it. bodydropped it 4" and drove it for a while and just decided to rip it apart. it turned heads but, not the ones i cared about..... here is what she used to look like.
928697408_m.jpg

Good choice. Love the chop and the shortening. There was a truck at Mooneyes Xmas show that had a 4" chop and a shortened bed. Truck wasn't lowered though. It still had the stock suspension with lowering blocks on the rear. Looked like a Gasser. Been looking for a 48' to 54' ever since. But prices in my area are ridiculous, even for a basket case.

I LOVE this 51! Great truck. I have known a lot of people to build trucks like this on S-10 frames. It is so much easier to find parts for a 91 s-10 than it is to find em for a 51 chevy. I know of one guy who actually left the s10 floor, firewall, dash, steering column and pedals and just welded the cab right on. Great truck! Hope this new one comes out this well for you.

i wrecked this truck in a head on collision on june 2nd 2008. i drove it to louisville kentucky for the beatersville just a couple weeks before. the rebuild is going good. i am doing a 3 inch section on it now.

How did you do the chop on it?
I am working on a 52 and i want to take 5 or 6 inches but with that much chop im worried it might be too much to just lean the windsheid post back. But it makes me a little uneasy cutting across my roof to section it. So if you have any pics or info it would be helpful.
also you should should post a few pics of the 3 inch section you plan on doing

How did you do the chop on it?
I am working on a 52 and i want to take 5 or 6 inches but with that much chop im worried it might be too much to just lean the windsheid post back. But it makes me a little uneasy cutting across my roof to section it. So if you have any pics or info it would be helpful.
also you should should post a few pics of the 3 inch section you plan on doing
leaning the windshields back on these trucks look awful. i am actually about done with the section there are good pics in this thread
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6007

Man, that is really a cool ride! I have a few A-D trucks and some S-10 stuff too. I`m always seeing great ideas, I just have trouble finding enough time.:(

Latest posts

Back