Watts Link

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A panhard bar and watts linkage are not the same. Panhard is a single bar whereas the watts is what we see in the link you posted to tsmmfg. We're probly going to need a picture or two of what you have and what exactly is the problem you're have installing it on your car.[P

From what ive read, a panhard isnt as good as a watts on narrow framed cars such as mine. I will check that site.

Also Fuzz, i will post a couple pics of what i am working with. First ive got to find a new rerar end to get away from this narrowed one. Ive ordered the plates for the hairpins on the axles so all i need to start the swap is a housing. Will post up soon.

Ok thats a Speedway watts Link. Ive seen those. The one that I asked about originally is pricey but the rods are cut for my frame width.

Just curious if anybody has used that particular unit

Here is what i am working with.

I kinda think the brackets on the rear end that the radius rods attach to are mounted on there upside down. Am i right?

Attachments

• frame clean.jpg
    frame clean.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 52
Yes..the brackets are upsidedown. ...I see no reason you couldn't use a panhard bar. If you mount the bar so that it is parallel to the rear, side movement will be negligable because your suspension travel will limited by the weight of the T bucket and the kind of driving you do. I doubt your going to road race your car. But if you already have the watts linkage try to use it.

Fuzz , I found this panhard setup. I see this working and I already have the frame mount and bar. Just would need to fab a differential mount.

what you think?

Attachments

• panhard idea.jpg
    panhard idea.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back