Need opinion on this bike

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOT40ROD

I found this 1972 Triumph for sale. The bike is all there with a title. The problem is that the motor is siezed from setting. The motor is a 650 with large bore jugs on it. He said it never sat out side but has been setting for years.

The picture looks like the bike is not in bad shape.

The guy is asking $750.00 for the bike. I was wondering if its worth it?

Attachments

• triumph.jpg
    triumph.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 108
The bike is worth that in parts. If you can find someone who needs them. Might not be that hard to get it running. Then it's worth quite a bit more.

I talk to the guy tonight and going to look at the bike tomorrow night.

He said it has a Morgo Large bore kit, Electronic Ing. and large carbs. That was all set up by a local guy that is known for working on Triumph.

If I buy it all I am really looking at is the Motor Title and wiring to finish the bike I have setting. I will probably sell the rest of it.

Yes I talk to the guy and it sound like he can use the money. He has health problem and been on Disability for a couple of years.

Nice bike-I had a 650 BSA chopper for a couple of yrs--that's too nice to part out and worth the asking price--pull the plugs and use marvel mystery oil and soak the pistons for a few days--put in in gear and rock the bike back first and then forward Gently--if still stuck add more mmo, after it gets unstuck you can foot crank most the oil out and alot of it will by-pass the pistons--also mmo won't hurt being in your oil either--their are push ticklers on the carbs to tickle and get gas to the cylinders to start it--it will smoke when first started but should clear up and the oil won't hurt the valves--just clen/change da plugs and enjoy!! John T. (Geezer on a Beezer)

Dude You missed a good one there!

[P When you snooze you lose I guess...the next time you see ANY old Triumph for under a G-note...buy it in a heart beat...As Will Rogers said "The're not making any more" A good one fully restored with go in the teens and a runner will still get $4 to $5 G's in the Chicago area and even down here in Florida.
I looked at a Triumph Chopper, mid 60's running and not a single stock part on it except the 650 single carb motor for $2,500 and it sold before I could get to see it!

But if you can fix them or you don't know or don't want to mess with them, then Let them go....

This might be a GOOD one to tell at the Bar with the fish stories...the one that got away.

Last edited:
Yes I know I played to long and missed

I just missed out on a 1966 BSA chopper project with title for $600.00 All the parts were there and the motor had 150 psi of compression. I was second on the list to get it but I figured it would go.

Latest posts

Back