Green Bearings

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankr

I have installed Jeep Grand Cherokee rear discs brakes on the 8 3/4 Sure Grip rear end in my 34 Dodge. Quite an easy swap.
Now I need to decide if I should stay with the stock axle bearings or should I buy a set of sealed Green Bearing. I was told the green bearings are not for street use, others say they are the only way to go. Has anyone used the green bearings with many miles of long term success?
Your input would be appreciated.[S
FrankR
1934 Dodge 392 Hemi

The green bearings are great for a drag car. They are okay for a street car that sees limited use. They are NOT good for a car that is going to be driven hard around corners. The stock tapered wheel bearing set up is the way to go for a true street car or a handling type set-up. The adjustment is in the service manual, if you don't have one let me know and I'll 'splain.

Hey, before you all go yankin' em out of your cars, I run 'em in my "street car" Super Bee. But I also run a solid cam, spool, 4.10's and a 4400 stall converter, maintenance is a way of life. The Green Bearing is a sealed ball bearing set-up and stock is a tapered roller bearing. If you are willing to inspect them once in a while and maybe just replace 'em every few years, they will probably be okay. But remember those ball bearings aren't going to deal with cornering loads like a tapered roller bearing is.

the green brgs are fine for hi-po use or anything else, best way to go. u don't have to adjust end play for your axles. go for it, works great.

Latest posts

Back