Ford AOD?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anarchy

Banned
Hey guys, been a while since I've been on, but loss of my job kinda put a halt to the rod, but now that I'm working again it's time to get started back up.

I picked up a ford aod tranny from a 85 e150 van I scrapped out and I am wanting to mate it up to my carberated 1981 model 302 which is no big deal
but i know I'm going to need the equivlant to a kick down cable. Does
anyone know of a good company to get a tv cable from. Has anyone had any problems running the aod with a carbed 302? Thanks

No problems with an AOD and a carb. The TV cable setup from Lokar is adjustable to just about any setup and works great. Well worth the money spent for headaches saved...

[Si don't know from any personal experience, but i have heard/read that those aod's are a little touchy on the setting of the cable--or tranny will be toast

just thought i'd mention it...:eek:

the preacher is right . im running a 302 carbed and aod . get the lokar kit and follow the directions closly . if not exactly sure about it go to a profesional trans shop and have it adjusted . or you can and mostlikely will burn it up . i love my setup , but they are touchy .

i am not sue on the ford but on a gm700r4 there is a specific amount of travel when the carb is at wide open throttle. on a gm u will also need a way to apply 12volts to the trans. wiring harness. it can be done with a toggle switch. the cable MUST me pulled
PERFECTLY STRAIGHT. lockar probably has a bracket to fit your carb&your trans.

Latest posts

Back