My 54 F100 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum,
Looks like you have a good start there. Most of the upgrades will be bolt on. You may have to do some fabrication with the Toyota box mount and the Wilwood pedals.
As you go, think things through. Otherwise you'll be saying to yourself, "I should've done this or that", and taking one step forward and two steps back. I had this problem with my build. I gave myself a two year deadline. When I past that I gave myself an April deadline. Here it is September of the third year, and I still have the interior to do.
Keep us posted with photos of your build.

My goal may not be very realistic but I'm going to do my best to accomplish it. What's going to work against me is the lack of a shop/garage to work in and cash for the needed parts ( I'm on a tight budget ). :( I might not have the bodywork finished or the interior finished but I'm going to do my best to have it driveable by June. Will I get it done by then, Who knows. I will post my progress here.

I'm going to go work on the truck!:D

Realistic or not,,,you have a goal. If you make it ,,,cool, if not you'll get it running in good time & it'll be safe. When I did my wife's truck, I missed my goal bigtime but kept at it & made a new goal. We all have budgets on our stuff but we manage to eventually get what we need to keep our projects moving forward. Hey if you don't get the body & interior done,,,,,,,what'll you have to do over next summer & beyond ? :D:D

Sounds like you have a good plan. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Great old trucks!

Fordman,
Those are great old trucks & make beautiful rods or rats and several guys on the board are working on them. Nice start, thanks for posting!

BeerCan

Lookin' good!

Fordman,
Don't worry about makin' progress... that will change soon! Frame looks stout... just be sure to take plenty of pictures!

BoB

Keep on with the steady pace Fordman.
Looks like you are going to turn out a safe and stoud ride.

Keep those pics comming.....Looks real good.

Holy cow!!!

I've still got 22 holes to weld up ( Yes a total of 103 holes!! ) on top of the frame rails and in the crossmembers. But after 8+ hours of welding and grinding yesterday and another 6 hours today I called it quits for the rest of the day! :lol:

Fordman,
Wow... that a LOT of hole weldin'!!! I'm chopin' my top rat now but the frame is next & I gonna box it too! Sounds like u're frame was made outta swiss cheese!!! :eek::eek: It's lookin' *really* good now though... keep up the good work!!!

BoB

thats pretty cool how u used engine stands for your frame it seems alot safer
than what i did....i hung mine from the rafters in my shop with rope lol it worked good but next time ill do it your way

Nothin' wrong with slow!

Fordman,
There is *nothin'* wrong with goin' slow! It's better than rushing, makin' a mistake & havin' to do something over again. Once this is outta the way... it'll take on a life of it's own! Looks *really* good!!!

BoB

It seems like you are moving along pretty swiftly to me. Everything is looking good. In my opinion, a completed chassis is most of the battle. It's all down hill from there for the most part.

I missed this one when it first came up, just now read it through. Hang in there Fordman, when you are doing the nice clean work you are doing sometimes it seems like progress slows to a crawl. But in the end it will all be worth it. Nice job.

great build. where did you get the adapter to use the toyo steering box? i'm using a 51 frame on my present project and would like a modern steering gear. thanks.

Latest posts

Back