52 GMC build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inked Monkey

Tarzan's tatted best friend
I'm finally making some progress on the 52. I just picked up this cab for $150, that is in a lot better shape than my original. The original needed about $500 in panels and this one need a couple that I can make for cheap.:D:D

I removed the front clip off of my 80 c10 that I'm using as a donor chassis. I just need to take the cab off and start mocking up. Hopefully I'll have the whole suspension stripped this weekend.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 30
Yup. This will be a cool project. Your narrative reminded me of the time that a bought a parts car for a project that I was doing. The parts car ended up becoming the the primary car because it was in much better shape than the car that I had originally started to rebuild.

That will be a cool project there.
I have some questions for ya....
What are you going to do with the 80 and all the parts on it? I see a lot of stuff I could use off of it.

Let me know something.....

Nice start to what should be a good build. I love those AD pickups & am looking forward to your progress.

Thanks guys!

Flat let me know what you need, I'm giving everything away. Plus I have plenty of other parts for these trucks from the 4x4.

Let me look at the pics a little more and I will make a list from what I can see.
I know good and well I would love to get those beauty rings and center caps for one.(If they arn't gone already)

From what I can see in the pics posted, I made a "Wish List"

Beauty rings and center caps
D.S. upper door hinge
wiper arms
wiper motor.....

Post more pics dude. Do you still have the factory radio?

man, we'll have to see how high the bidding goes.

Flat, I have a couple of extra sets of arms so they're yours.

I'm gonna keep the beauty rings, but you can have the center caps. If for some reason I can't use these wheels on the 52, or I decide to use the ansens that I have you can have the rings also.

You can have the wiper motor also.

Right now it's got a cheasy aftermarket tape deck in it that your more than welcome to have if you want it.

Let me take some more pics and get a final wanted list, then I'll see how much it is to ship everything.:cool:

Of course! Right when I start getting into it, it starts to pour!!!!:mad::mad:
Oh well, here are the pics.:cool:

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 48
The body mounts aren't that far off. I just need to make up some spacers.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 44
Oh, and don't worry! This thing is not gonna be a 4x4! Slammed in the weeds is the only way to go!

I am gonna have to get some different offset wheels though!

Latest posts

Back