getting better?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelseydum

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this welding thing. How do they look? Is there a way to tone down the splatter? Using a Miller 220 flux core with straight carbon dioxide (at least that's what it says on the tank, he might have had it filled with something else).

What do you think? Does it look like I'm getting good penetration?

19.jpg

The artist in you will allow you to make a pretty weld, because it is a matter of timing, and eye hand. When looking for penetration, look for flow on the edges of the weld. If it looks like it is sitting on top of the metal, it probably is.
Looks good man, keep up the good work.

If you want to test your welds - weld on some scrap and either bend the weld till something gives or cut it in half and see if your penetrating well.

I know it's an old post, but it looks to me like the original poster was in fact using plain mig wire. However, he also said he's using pure CO2 for a shielding gas, which will work fine for mig but results in a lot more splatter than a mix of CO2 and argon.

Latest posts

Back