No reverse after sitting for a month.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakota

Rides a rusted horse
It's a 75 Olds with a 350 trans. The trans worked fine when I parked it last month. It goes forward fine, but in reverse I hear the trans grab, and it lunges backwards but then it won't move. It feels like it's trying, when I accelerate, it pulls but won't move. I'm thinking it's all gummed up. Is there a trans cleaner I can pour into it?

Have you checked the fluid level? What does the oil look/smell like?

My experience with GM trans is that reversve usually goes out 1st........Try a fluid change....

Like said before I would see that the brakes are not hanging up and that the trans is full. If there is still a issue try having the trains back flushed by a trans shop before tearing it down.

Third gear and reverse both use the direct clutch pack in the TB350 if your high is ok then you have other then trans problems. Its time for a test drive!

I ran some tests on it yesterday. It drives forward fine and has a strong pull. Reverse is still a problem. It shifts into reverse, and the car jerks back, but that's it. There is a slight burned smell to the fluid. I'm thinking the clutches are slipping in reverse. Possible gummed up valve body???

Latest posts

Back