is rearend out of s10

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneo4116

how do i tell if my rearend is out of a s10,it is a 10 bolt chevy,thats about all i know,single traction,around a 300 gear,:confused:

you could probably get the numbers off of the axle and run it through a number locator to find out what years ans models the rear end came out of!!

Good Luck!!

most s10 rears are geared somewhere around 342 to 373... check the casing and run the numbers

Just measure and check the gear ratio. That can tell you alot where it came from. My v6 s10 had 3.42, my zr2 had 3.73 and the four banger had 4.10. Also they made alot of differant axle splines. most had 28. but there are a few 26 out there. And if you want to put and power down. forget it with that. The best rear end came in the g80 build code. found on alot of 2wd extreme blazers. 8.5 30 spline posi with disk brakes. That the rear end im looking for.

that g80 rear end is the same one that i am looking for. i have been thinking of starting my build with that, only problem is; i still have no clue what body i am going to use.

Latest posts

Back