lightening holes how do you guys do em/in visors

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can use a hole saw but if you want a more finished look you can use a punching dimple die or finish the hole saw cut with a dimple die.

I use a punch and dimple die set, one stroke of the 35 ton Iron worker, and whala!
tripper5.jpg

Electrical warehouses carry a tool called a knockout. They come in various sizes for putting holes in panel boxes for conduit connectors.
They will work on thin gauge metal, which is what a visor is. I am sure you will be able to buy the one size you need.

good luck,

I think they look best with 2 and 1/2 inch holes, starting with a hole right in the center. Some folks like a bigger 3 inch hole. It's personal preference really. Cut some circles out of cardboard or paper and lay them out on your visor to decide what you like best.

kool kool thanks everyone for the advisenow i just need to find the tools to do this i found some but they are all smaller punch and dies and do you have to drill a pilot hole first? my 33 is not like my old 29 the visor seems to be one piece with the roof so i can't take it off to punch the hole.

koo koo i found a guy i know that has all the dies and punches as soon as i lay em out he said he would punch em out for me so hopefully all goes well.

Latest posts

Back