pics of my 29 chevy international 2 door sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doghousedevil

i bought this car for $1500 about 2 years ago and haven't had much time to work on it until now. we've stripped it of the body and interior only. we chopped the top 6 inches, but left the rear window with a 4 inch chop. we are the process of building a chassis out of some free 2x4 i picked up from my dad. the more i get done, the more pics i'll post.

Attachments

• ol'skool.jpg
    ol'skool.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 246
  • 6inch3.jpg
    6inch3.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 344
  • ainside.jpg
    ainside.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 216
That is not only sweet but it's not your usual ride. Am anxiously awaiting progrss reports on this one !

finally got a welder

now that i have a welder, i am trying to get back to work on my car. since the last pics i have accumulated an axle, split wishbones, model a spring, '40 ford rear spring, chevy 10 bolt rearend, front wheels, wide whites, a cowl vent donated from an unknown car, a complete unmolested '66 327, th350(free), spindles, and '48 f-1 brakes. and on top of this, i've gotten this stuff by trading, selling, and buying enough i've actually made back $150!:D i started making the a pillars out of scrap steel this weekend and added the cowl vent to the car as well. the a pillars were originally made of wood along with the rest of the car. this is my first from scratch build, so i'm sure it's going to be a long one!

Attachments

• 1carvent8.jpg
    1carvent8.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 1carvent7.jpg
    1carvent7.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 1carvent4.jpg
    1carvent4.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 1carvent5.jpg
    1carvent5.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 1carvent6.jpg
    1carvent6.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 114
Good to see it going. You've got to teach me to make money as the build progresses. I'd be way in the hole by now if that was my project.

i found that trading in bulk, then selling what you don't need is the way to go. i've acumulated enough stuff i didn't need in trades, that it funded the parts i did need! thanks for the kind words,
dhd

trying a floor

well i started trying to build a floor and connect the cowl to the rest of the body. some of this will be cut out when i get my trans and motor in. this is just the start, i had to shut off at midnight last night because the neighbors don't understand:( looks alright even though i forgot to check my level sometimes:D

Attachments

• 1carfloor4.jpg
    1carfloor4.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 1carfloor9.jpg
    1carfloor9.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 1carfloor5.jpg
    1carfloor5.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 1carfloor8.jpg
    1carfloor8.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 106
I like it! Don't worry to much about level just make sure the doors open and close. I really like 2 door Sedans.

My closest neighbors are car guys. One has a Vette and a Blown Mustang so he doesn't mind. Sometimes he comes over and helps. :D He came over one morning and said I heard that cut off wheel going last night what you working on? Another neighbor has an Jag XKE he's working one. One of us always making noise or music to my ears.

front suspension

i'm trying to figure out my front suspension. i got the mother load of parts in. now all i need is more room in my garage, more time in the day, a more understanding wife, and a higher paying job. however, i am enjoying learning how to do these things and that's what it's all about. i took the ideas for the shackle brackets from a fellow RRR member. i'm in the process of finishing those and will be looking to start hanging the suspension soon.

Attachments

• 1frontend8.jpg
    1frontend8.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 95
  • 1frontend7.jpg
    1frontend7.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 68
looking great I'm jealous (just kidding) :D Thats what i wanted when i got the truck I'm working on. I'm hoping to find a sedan when i get finished with my truck I think they are neat rides!!

Latest posts

Back