MegaShifter?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who's using a MegaShifter? I have a TH400 and I've always liked the idea of a ratchet shifter. Do they really work as well as advertised?

CTD,
I love ratchet shifers! I use a B&M & they have several models but only one I really like. I'll let ya know which one it is later this morning. There's one that really sucks so let me make sure which one I use. They are killer on the street if you do a lil er... what's it called... surely it's not street racing!?!? I think Don has a more politically correct term for it but it won't come to mind B4 my 1st cuppa joe! :D

BoB

Thanks Trip, and please do let me know which model you use.

I'd probably opt for a standard tranny if I had more room in the Tudor and if my brother didn't already have a donor TH400 I can use. :D

Fred B.

Man, that thing is awesome. Looks great and works great too. I'll definitely keep these in mind.

Hey, I forgot, what do you have to do to get your shifter set up where drive (or overdrive) is at the extreme rear of the console? You know, so you're pulling the lever back to shift up, instead of pushing it forward?

Is that a transmission thing (reverse valve body, perhaps?), or is it something that can be accomplished with the shifter and/or shift linkage?

Fred B.

I had mine set up for a standard shift turbo 350. Just call Brian and he will explain it to you. Very nice guy, and in my experience in dealing with him he will take the time to answer any questions you might have.

Hey, I forgot, what do you have to do to get your shifter set up where drive (or overdrive) is at the extreme rear of the console? You know, so you're pulling the lever back to shift up, instead of pushing it forward?

Is that a transmission thing (reverse valve body, perhaps?), or is it something that can be accomplished with the shifter and/or shift linkage?

Fred B.

You would need to go to a reverse manual valvebody in the trans. And the shifter has to match as well.

Latest posts

Back