can single be made posi

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks alot,sounds like the lock-right will be a little noisy on the street though,welding the spider gears will also be noisy right.

Welding the spider gears is not something I would do for a street driven vehicle. Drag or offroad, but not street. Just my 2 pennies.

Go with the power trax one of the cheapest limited slips and works great with the 10 bolt. I would say find a factory one on the bay but the factory ones didn't live good.

Welding the spider gears is not something I would do for a street driven vehicle. Drag or offroad, but not street. Just my 2 pennies.

Agreed. True posi setups are good for racing or offroad use only...they're completely worthless on the street. Won't corner worth a sh*t. If you plan on driving it on the street, you're better off leaving it open or at the most, put in a limited slip so that it'll disengage when the car makes a turn. A buddy of mine had a locking differential in his Jeep...that thing was a real pain in the butt to try to make tight turns with.

I did it cheap!!! I bought a mini spool. granted you have to deal with a lil wheel hop when making a turn but ya goose it a lil and she swing right through the turn with no problem!!!

Just remember, a mini spool puts all the stress when turning onto the axles. In a 10 bolt when the axle snaps you will loose your wheel and eveything (with drum brakes) due to the fact that there isnt any bearing retainer. If you have rear discs at least the wheel will stay with the car but it will ruin your pads and rotors quick. just my $.02

Just remember, a mini spool puts all the stress when turning onto the axles. In a 10 bolt when the axle snaps you will loose your wheel and eveything (with drum brakes) due to the fact that there isnt any bearing retainer. If you have rear discs at least the wheel will stay with the car but it will ruin your pads and rotors quick. just my $.02

True very true. It's been in my 9" for about 3 years now.

yup a 9" has bearing retainers. No big deal if the axle snaps. Not saying I haven't welded a 10 or 12 bolt, just trying to keep someone else have the same failure I did. [cl

Latest posts

Back