rat bikes? got some of those...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreasklapp

the house i live in used to be a bike library. not the motorized kind, but definitely some rats... some cool ones in the pile though. i'll go dig some of them out and take pictures this week. and a "rat boat" i used to work on, just for good measure. monster crazy old boat. made around 42. 60-70 footer. big straight 6 cat diesel in it. supposedly commandeered by the navy to hunt for subs during the war. supposedly haunted. fought with a sea lion on that boat.

Attachments

• IMG_2723.jpg
    IMG_2723.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2784.jpg
    IMG_2784.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 48
  • san g 1.jpg
    san g 1.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 56
That a cool rat boat. I worked for a yacht builder for a bit building aluminum power and sail boats of that size and bigger.A lot of work in a boat that big.

yeah, i love that old boat. oldest working boat in monterey. had to go down and grease the prop shaft every two hours or it'd seize up or burn a bearing. it was a blast.

started making something today. took this chopper cruiser bike and added a rear shock to it, which gave it a good stretch. got to find a little motor for it, hoping for a good 50cc off a honda with the 6 speed (if i can squeeze it in there.) it looks crazy, it's about six and a half feet long over all. pretty solid. needs some adjustment. still need to brace up the frame and i'll have to make a good seat for it, but it rides pretty smooth.

Attachments

• IMG00799-20100722-2004.jpg
    IMG00799-20100722-2004.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back