best grease

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreasklapp

wasn't sure where to put this, couldn't find anything for this in a search. there are lots of them out there, just wondering if anyone has a favorite or a preference. i was reading that moly grease can cause a buildup on ball bearings and may cause them to fail.

I use Molyplex EP by Cenex. Its a synthetic blend grease that is great for wheel bearing grease. EP stands for extreme pressure. Cenex brand is mostly here in the midwest but I would think there is something simular out there if you don't know about Cenex brand stuff. The synthetic grease resist's water so we use it to pack wheel bearings esp in boat trailers. Alot of the buisness's around here that have boom trucks use it . It don't ooze out at the joints on the boom.

It gets so hot here in Florida inside our shop that the grease thins out and drips out of our grease guns hanging on the wall. It makes me wonder how it holds up inside a hot wheel hub. :confused:

Don

It gets so hot here in Florida inside our shop that the grease thins out and drips out of our grease guns hanging on the wall. It makes me wonder how it holds up inside a hot wheel hub. :confused:

Don

I have the same problem. Makes the grease guns a real mess. I changed to a high temp synthetic moly grease. Drips a little less.

I like the red and tacky also. Been watching it in my trailor bearings and its holding up very well, hasn't changed consistency and stays put.

I have been using the Red and Tacky for a while too, works really well. I used to be able to find a Marine grease that was great, it was an aqua blue colour, can't recall the name right now...

best grease ever is....

FREE! (does that count for an answer?) if I have to pay for it then red and tackey. [cl

grease

quaker state used to make some wheel brg grease that was sort of stringy. it workedgood in hot weather & water too. i worked at utility co in GA & we used wheel brg grease in our grease guns. i have seen hubs that had been hot enough to blister the paint but the brgs were still ok. packing the brgs rite is as important as what u pack themwith.

Latest posts

Back