my attempt at bomber seats

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfield customs

first attempt at some aluminum bomber style seats. all hand formed out of 16 gauge sheet. all hand buck riveted. my mom sewed the cover up for me. lol.
going to try and improve on these seats and get more complex with the design down the road. it turned ok for the first one lol. will get more pics on the next ones
005-7.jpg

006-6.jpg

007-5.jpg

008-7.jpg

009-4.jpg

010-5.jpg

that poor thing looks like something that woulda come out of an airplane!!

he he :D just funnin w/ya....looks top notch and really cool......[cl[cl

Looks good, any padding for the back? :)

I'm thinkin that flat back might hurt after about 3 minutes.... Looks great though. Mom did a good job too! Maybe do the next one with a little curve to the back so your spine isn't the first thing to hit.

they are not bad to sit in for a while, i sat in for about 20 mins with no issues. i have an original seat that has a curved back,i am planning on making a bunch of different styled seats. i will post pics of them

Very Nice! I'd be very happy with those.

What did you (or rather your Mom) use for foam?
I pulled an old couch apart for the foam but it wasn't dense enough. The auto trim supply foam was BIG $$$$.

You might be able to scavenge HD foam from other seats. I junked the seats out of a 85 cutlass - good with no internal springs, etc. Cut down, they might work for bombers.

Latest posts

Back