My Wildcat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65WildKat

This is my 65 Wildcat with a 401 Sorta of Stock Nailhead, When I got her she had no driveline in her, She now has a 66 401 with a S.P. 400 Trans. I have no plans to make her into a trailer Queen at all. I just want to put a better handling suspension under her and find a good POSI rear, She is a peg leg right now. I also want to update her brakes to Disc Brakes because she is a Beast to stop.I know she is not a "PRE" 64 but this is the first project since my accident and I always like these cars since I was a puppy back in the 60's:cool:

Attachments

• Rezize of Cat.jpg
    Rezize of Cat.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 73
WildKat!

WildKat,
Great car... er... boat... er... car!!! Love those old Buicks... lookin' good!!! I feel sorry for the poor fool that hits this car... it is definitely *heavy metal*!

BoB

I love anything with a nailhead. Fully dressed, I thing its the best looking engine. Those old Buicks are underappreciated, but they are great cars.

That is one big car you got there.

Like Gastrick said, don't appologize for the car you like because of what year it is, mine is an 81 stepside.....and they still let me hang around.

It is your dime, spend it your way...you got my vote

That wildcat is one NICE looking ride. Keep up the good work and keep us informed. Oh, and don't worry about what year model your ride is 'cause cool knows no age:cool:

More Pics of My Cat

She may be BIG buy she moves really well and so does the needle on the Gas gauge! :D

Attachments

• 401 Nailhead.jpg
    401 Nailhead.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Front of Cat.jpg
    Front of Cat.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 23
I was always told bigger is better!!!:D Anyway, love the ride. It's something you don't see everyday and that's what makes it cool. And hey, both of my cars have billet all over them and I'm still welcomed here.

Last edited:
I broke down

I broke down and I bought a set of finned valve covers for her and I am looking for a good valley pan also, I have heard that you need to gring some of the fins down so it will clear the heat exchanger, I guess I am lucky because I have a Bridgeport so I can mill down the area and make it look nice and clean.
I Love the look of the "FINNED PARTS on a Nailhead, it makes it look better then most of the cars engines of that era except the HEMI!

Hey wild cat ,i got a 375 wild cat the other day .Can you tell me much about it .i would love to use it in a futcher rat project if thier any good .
cant find any hot rod parts for it though????

Places to find parts

There a few different places to look for engine parts, Kanters is one place and then there is Northwestern that sells speed parts, I will look and see if I can post the links.
Good luck with her! :cool:

Nailheads rule!!!

Northwestern that sells speed parts, I will look and see if I can post the links. Good luck with her! :cool:

WildKat,
I'm lookin' for Northwestern but can't seem to find 'um. If u have a link... PLEASE post it! Just got a 425 Nail yesterday & am fixin' to tear down for hte machine shop! Love u're car!!!

BoB

Latest posts

Back