louver press?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighroder

Ok I love the look of an old school louverd hood or side panels I have been looking for a press and it seems like they just don't sell them anymore? Or they are well above my price range and I am broke anyways I do have access to a cnc machine but not free access lol cheap tho but I thought of making a press but I haven't seen an actual press would just cutting a die and stamping it work or do you have to have a matching "saddle" that is the reverse of the first? What would be a good height if it was a 2.5 inch louver maybe 1 inch tall? Sorry for all the questions hopefully someone can help thanks Zeth

you can make them pretty easily, if i could go back i would have made my own dies instead of buy them and modifying them for my needs.

the female die usually is the same shape as the male die, around the perimeter, and the bottom is open that way you can adjust the depth accordingly to the material you are using

Latest posts

Back