Sons Of Anarchy ....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod Studios

One of my favorite TV shows just came back on for a new season. The show is Sons Of Anarchy. It's about a motorcycle gang in a Northern California town. Thought I give a play to one of their images. I changed the background to a setting more in line with the show. I liked this background also because the name of the beer is Jax ....and that's the name of the lead character in the show. Tried a little more painterly look on this one.

4971568573_d5172941ee_b.jpg

Nicely done picture,but you could have used some subject matter that pertains to rat rods - not some P.O.S. wannabe bikers fairy tale - One of the worst shows on the tube - it gives everyone the wrong image about M/C clubs - It's like the ones they made in the late 70's early 80's - This type of picture does alot of damage, just like the early hot rod movies.

My fav too. We had a thread on this last year & someone got upset because they didn't think it showed bikers in a good light! Dude... it's a TV show. I started watching because I love Katey Segal... then I liked the whole cast & show! Glad it's back on again. It's the only show I follow except Reno 911! :eek:

BoB

I liked the tv show "The Unit". Those guys could hit the taregt but they took it off tv so now I watch CSI Los Angeles. But this has nothing to do with bikes so why did I post it here?? ...:D

Many thanks to those of you who took the time to look and post your comments.......

Lightning, I appreciate your looking and your input, but believe you are off base on this. There is no need to post anything related to rat rods as this section is for bikes, unless I'm mistaken and it should only be related to rat rod bikes. To say this photo does a lot of harm in my opinion is very narrow minded. It would be like saying all Muslims are terrorist because of 911 or if I posted a photo of the Pope to say it's harmful because of the molestation issues with the church.

I think most people realize there is a difference between MC clubs and MC gangs .......besides, in this photo there are only two goods sitting outside of a rib joint...... no drugs, guns or violence. I think it's important to remember this is just a TV show .........and if it's not your taste, don't watch it. It is the highest rating show on the FX channel, so I'm assuming it has a lot of faithful viewers.

I'm not here to promote the show of MC gangs......just wanted to share some of my biker artwork within the forum. Again, I appreciate your looking and taking the time to comment.

Great art work man I like the show too the unfortunate thing in my town is there are to many guys that take this show too seriously so they have a habit of playing outlaw bike gang it actually leads to some really funny stories I have to share them with you guys sometime.

I watch the show also. But there is one thing I don't like about is the name. It has the same name and colors as the club I belong to. No we are no a fan club of the show or do we conduit or support criminal actions. We a bunch of veterans and patriots who love this county and stand up for it. Here who we are. www.sonsofanarchypa.com

Hot40rod, I see on your clubs website page that you came together in August of 2008 and the television show started in September of the same year. That said, it seems difficult to believe that they took your colors and name, as development for television series sometimes takes years to get done. I'm not putting your club down at all, I just looked at your club site and saw the date, is there something not said that happened? Please don't take offense, I'm just wondering is all.

God bless all those who have put themselves on the line for our Country, without them we would be nothing.

Does not matter to me. Some time I wonder who was first. I was ask to join and right after that the show came out. We have no problem with the show or the fan club groups. Just if you see someone in the colors it could be one of use. And I just wanted you to know that we are out there, And what we stand for. I am also a member of the Pa. Patriot Guard and the Red Knights

I love this county and love being around people that think the same way.

I guess I was always one to help out the people of this county and made a life out of it. Serving as a combat army Vet and be a fire fighter until I was force to retire in 2005.

Last edited:
Bob, great art work!!!! I would like one of those done of my bike. To those who dont understand there is a difference between gangs and clubs and guys that like to just ride together. I am not with a gang or club but do ride with my buddies. Am I a outlaw when i'm with them? Some people believe that guns are dangerous, if that is indeed the case then the spoon is what made Rosie O'Donald fat(and others), perhaps we should outlaw spoons??

Some people believe that guns are dangerous, if that is indeed the case then the spoon is what made Rosie O'Donald fat(and others), perhaps we should outlaw spoons??

Please get your facts straight, I believe Rosie prefers the fork! Leave the poor spoon alone! :D

Toad

I'm sorry...i left the fork out of the blame, I think she uses both(at the same time...from the looks of things!).

Please get your facts straight, I believe Rosie prefers the fork! Leave the poor spoon alone! :D

I'm sorry...i left the fork out of the blame, I think she uses both(at the same time...from the looks of things!).

My fav is the Spork!!! I'm not kidding... I have a whole set of beautiful sporks & eat every meal with them. Could that be why I'm er... ummm... over... ummm... big!?! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Just if you see someone in the colors it could be one of us.

If you have no affiliation with the show and are not a "fan club", then why fly the exact same logo and lettering? Especially since your "club" is stressing the fact of NOT being 1%. Wouldn't it be better to avoid it altogether?

Example: The swastika is an ancient symbol, used for centuries before being adopted by the Nazi Party. However, is it really worth the hassle to wear or display one? It only means one thing to most people, just like a 3 patch cut - ESPECIALLY one with a 1% club represented on it, fictitious or not.

I guess the luck does lie in the fiction. Would you want to wear a H.A., Outlaws, or Banditos patch then try to explain yourself when confronted?

Latest posts

Back