Tip for a distributor drop in

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
if you are dropping in a distributor into oh say a SBC and the hole is hard to get at to see down for the oil pump drive, then mark the top of a long screw driver to coinside with the flat end. That way when you drop the screw driver into the hole to "feel" for the oil pump drive you know which way the flat is pointed. simply watch the top of the screw driver as you turn it until it reaches the desired angle and then drop in the dizzy! This way you dont have to crawl, lay, scoot yourself up onto the engine to see down the hole. [cl

like this

Attachments

• crewdriver.jpg
    crewdriver.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 81
That’s too easy!
Great idea, kind of mad at myself for not thinking to do that as many times as it would have helped out.
Thanks for the post.

i havent run into this problem before, yet.

but i have hear of guys droping in the dizzy and bumping the motor while pushing down to find the oil pump slot.

Thanks for the tip.
I usually put the screwdriver in the hole and turn the oil pump until it lines up. Takes a couple trys sometimes, but didn't have to bump engine over to do it and got same result.

Latest posts

Back