I'm one HAPPY CAMPER !!!!!!!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Got my body back from the paint shop today.............they did a fantastic job and got it done on schedule. Yeah, it has a few little nicks, but the gloss black only makes them more obvious.........however it came out better than I expected.

Now I just have to undercoat it and put it on the frame. I finished up the brake lines and fuel lines last night, so that should be it, except for wiring.

Turkey Run, here I come !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Don

Attachments

• t body back from paint shop 006.jpg
    t body back from paint shop 006.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 115
  • t body back from paint shop 011.jpg
    t body back from paint shop 011.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 63
  • t body back from paint shop 009.jpg
    t body back from paint shop 009.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 60
  • t body back from paint shop 012.jpg
    t body back from paint shop 012.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 77
  • t body back from paint shop 013.jpg
    t body back from paint shop 013.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 58
oooooooo! shinny

Wow Don, that looks great. I Can't wait to see it all in one piece.
Keep up that great work.:D

Great Don. It's hard to beat a shiny, fresh black paint job. I saw the pics of your son's rolling chassis on another forum. Did you get the pully situation squared away? You guys are moving right along. See you at the TRR :D

Wow!!!

Don,
Wow... all u're hard work really paid off!!! That looks really slick & u r right around the corner from drivin' that sucker!!!

BoB

Wow!!!

Don,
Wow... all u're hard work really paid off!!! That looks really slick & u r right around the corner from drivin' that sucker!!! U're gonna have to change u're avatar pretty soon!!!

BoB

Thanks guys, I'm all calmed down after the other shop fiasco. :D

Yep Gastrick, got new pulleys overnighted from Summit. Had to go with Ford Racing brand pulleys for a mid '70's mustang, and a March alternator mount. Now they line up perfectly. Also got his driveshaft installed yesterday...all 10.75 inches of it! :D Short little sucker, but it fit fine and hopefully this weekend we will hear the engine run. That's the plan anyways.

Here's how his pulleys worked out.

Don

Attachments

• dons t pulleys done 001.jpg
    dons t pulleys done 001.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 88
  • dons t pulleys done 002.jpg
    dons t pulleys done 002.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 74
  • dons t pulleys done 005.jpg
    dons t pulleys done 005.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 99
Don,The body looks real good.I have been folowing the pulley senerio on another forum.Glad to see it finally getting together.You guys should make your deadline.What about the other body you have out for paint?Is it going to be following this one back some time soon also?

Thanks George. We asked that question today, and the body shop guy said "hopefully" next Friday. They have more work to do on Don's than mine, it isn't as straight because mine had been primed and blocked a few times before we took it in, and Don's is still raw gelcoat. I do think the blue will be more forgiving than the black, so that might result in a nicer appearance. But mine is ok with me, after all, it's a driver not a trailer queen. :D:D

Don

Looks Great.....

Looks great, Don. It will be so nice to see your car finally on the road.
Seems like you have been working on the bucket forever.
I am sure you are more than ready to drive.....and drive.. :D '22

Thanks again guys. Yep, I'm ready to drive almost. Best part is, I'm almost done spending money !!!!!! :D:D My Son Don and I were just talking about this the other night. Neither of us has had a decent meal in months, we just grab some Wendys or whatever and eat our dinner on a cardboard box in the shop. All kidding aside, I really am tired of being dirty with painted hands, and spending so much money. Even the little stuff costs an arm and a leg, so it will be nice to have some extra money for a change.

Building cars used to be such fun. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don

Your body's lookin' real good. Your so close to being done I'm sure you can see yourself driving it real soon. Too bad I can't get to the TRR to see it in person.

Wow. If I could whistle with the keyboard, I would.:D

Looks great Don.

You give me inspiration while I drool on the keyboard over your mechanical creations.:D

Latest posts

Back