Here's a Harley 1 holer for Mr Gastrick!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I love old Harley 1 holers & a while back Mr Gastrick said something about one. I saw this one tonight at my fav car show "Nifty 50's". It was in the back of another one of my fav's... a '59 Elky! This one's sweeeeeeeeeeet!!! :D

BoB

Attachments

• 1holer.jpg
    1holer.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 84
I love old Harley 1 holers & a while back Mr Gastrick said something about one. I saw this one tonight at my fav car show "Nifty 50's". It was in the back of another one of my fav's... a '59 Elky! This one's sweeeeeeeeeeet!!! :D

BoB

When I first started building motors....I was a bonafid bike nut. Went to this little motorcycle salvage place waaay out in the middle of nowhere. Bought 3-Honda 305 superhawk motors, complete, and one dream motor for 100 bucks, found this rigid frame, looked cool, and looked like it'd be a tight squeeze for the 305's.

Went to the salvage 2 weeks later.... bought a superhawk, it'd been wrecked, but got the wheels and all the other goodies off it.

Built a superhawk motor, with the superhawk cam, in a dream head (single carb), in the Harley Davidson 185 frame, 305 hub laced to a avon rim and tire, sportster tank and solo seat/springs from JCWhitney, 4 in over tubes on the front forks, dragbars with the 6 inch risers built in....back then they called them TT bars.....took all the motors apart, mic'ed everything (was taking machineshop and welding at the Vo-Tech), built one really good motor from all the others. This guy gave me the performance cam for the motor for 15 bucks....had a little surface rust on it, polished it up, oiled it up good, kept polishing till it looked like new.

This thing was long, low and lean. Had drag pipes from whitney, too! Rode ok, but that little **** would hit 70 mph shifting into 4th gear.....it'd cruise comefortable anywhere between 60 and 80....would top out about 100. Had a 36 mm Mukuni, head milled .030, new rings, ported heads and drag pipes, and the camshaft was some kinda off-the-wall performance grind for the scrambler models. Built this thing back in high school, and rode it till I was 21. Only had about $300 in everything. Rattlecan gloss black and flatblack. The only thing chrome on it was the rims, handlebars, forktubes, solo seat springs, and aircleaner...loved building it so much, it got me into racing.....:cool:

I always wanted t know what a 185 looked like!!!!! Ha!

Latest posts

Back