So... you've always liked ape hangers. Where's some for ya!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Now these are APE hangers!!! Dig the pipes & sissy bar too! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Attachments

• apes.jpg
    apes.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 95
Been ridin' for over 40 yrs. and that is the most ridicules set of apes I have ever seen,not to mention how un safe that is and I run ape hangers on my rigid.

Interesting tidbit of info on the origin of ape hangers so I was told.

Hells Angels & another club were fighting and they would string piano wire across alley's that the opposing club would frequently cut through to try and decapitate them, so they came up with ape hangers to break the wire or at least keep their heads.

I ran apes on my hard tail Harley for years until I saw a guy with some get hit by an old lady. He went over the bars & caught his boys on them & bled to death in the street in front of me. Still scares me to this day when I see someone running them!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

I ran apes on my hard tail Harley for years until I saw a guy with some get hit by an old lady. He went over the bars & caught his boys on them & bled to death in the street in front of me. Still scares me to this day when I see someone running them!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Ouch! :eek:

Thanks for sharing that! I cannot imagine dying that way. I used to ride but watched a guy die because of someone else's inattention. I have never been on one since.

Same here! Ambulance got to the scene in about 5 min but he was already gone. After that I stopped at a hardware store... bought a "For Sale" sign & sold my bike that week! I've driven friends crotch rockets around the block a couple of times but riding a bike on the street with people talkin' on their cell phones is all over for the old Tripper!

BoB

I know were you gays are coming from. Been riding sense I was 16 and had a couple of my friends killed on bikes.

Now I ride less and mainly ride in the township I grew up in. Because today no one is responsible for there action and they do not look out for the other guy. Even in the area I ride there are not many cars on the road but you still have to have your head on a swivel.

Like the statement I made This year they made it legal to have handle bars at any heights as long as you can set in the seat. But no more side way plate. And guess what my bars are low and I get nailed for my plate which was legal when the bike went through the enhance inspection so I could get it titled . I guess a side way plate is unsafe.

So the bike I'm finishing has the plate the right way but its tight against the tire, So we will see.

I agree ive been riding since the 70,s you have to be carefull
i like mine low:)

Attachments

• my bike 009.jpg
    my bike 009.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back