Pics of my "boat"...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrodron

Drives the Batmobile... er... Ratmobile!
This is another one of my projects. Its a 1970 Pontiac Executive. 28K original miles. Its got a 400 and cold AC. Wasn't really lookin for it, but it was a good deal and you know how that goes. This is last year when I first got it. I put some new wheels and tires on since then, but thats about it. I hope to get some work done on it over the winter. Nothing crazy. Paint and carpet and headliner, maybe some engine goodies.

HPIM0547.jpg

HPIM0549.jpg

HPIM0562.jpg

Yeah . I'll drive it for a little while then sell it or trade it off for something else. I'm not attached to it. Its not my kind of car, but like I said the price was right and its in great shape so I had to pick it up.

Lo mileage Poncho!

HotRod,
Wow... that big boat's barely gettin' broken in! I love big boats & feel sorry for the poor fool that ever has a run in with that big piece of heavy metal!

BoB

28,000, wow, what a find. Keep it stock and use it as your daily driver, it will last for years and years.

My daily is an '84 Ford Crown Vic that only has 67,000 on it now. I bought it about 4 years ago from the proverbial old lady and it had 50,000 miles on it then. I was looking for a work car and a guy I knew put me on to it. When I asked him what condition it was in he reinterated "IT'S GOT 50,000 MILES ON IT, WHAT DO YOU THINK!!!!!:D) Car had been sitting in her garage for 4 years. She put 4 new tires on it and drove it home and parked it for those 4 years, but she kept the license plates and insurance up every year.

I had to put a new fuel tank in it because the old one had turned to rust inside from sitting, and the brand new Michelin tires were flat on the bottoms and wouldn't round out again. But that was it. It has never left me down, and runs like a clock. Oh, I paid $ 400 for the Ford!!! :D:D

That Pontiac looks the same way, really a beautiful car. Plus it has all the toys to make it a very comfortable, safe car to drive. Good score.

Don

I had a '73 Pontiac Hearse...short wheelbase, 455...its actualyy on ebay right now..guy's selling it...that old girl would cruise at 80 like nothing...

Yeah obee, mine cruises at 80 great too and rides like a dream - slowing it down now is a very different story - gotta make sure there's plenty of gas stations nearby too if ya know what I mean

I have one of those BOATS,, best riding car I ever owned, except its a 69 Bonneville, I found mine at a small swap meet a few years back,, had 42 K actual and was a creampuff,, I paid 1300$ for it,, I had my doubts at first , just like you do, But now I am really glad I bought it..
Its in the paint shop now,, smoothed everything off ( door handles excess chrome ETC) getting a fade paint job,, Pearl black on bottom to a pearl graphite on top,, It origionally was chocolate brown with a Gold cloth interior, now black tweed and Graphite hide,,
428 HO..
I really think after you drive it some you will be wanting to keep it,, but will hoping the price of Gas goes down , they will pass everything on the rosd,, EXCEPT any gas station.. :rolleyes:
Good place to find Parts for these is Ames Performance Engineering, http://www.amesperf.com/?gclid=COz_oYugvagCFRx3gwodF0LVCw

Attachments

• 69 bonneville.jpg
    69 bonneville.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 14
  • bonneville and 36.jpg
    bonneville and 36.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back