air intake options?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive got a 1980 Suzuki gs 850gl it has 4carbs timed together into a big ole air filter im curious would it be a decent idea to so called part the red sea and attach a pipe to the end of each carb an run 2 pipes into 1 on each side attatched to an air filter??? so instead of attatching 4 54mm air filters to the ends of each carb i could on use 2 air filters?

Yes that should work. Just make sure the pipe are big enough so you do choke off the air flow. second item you may need to make a bracket so the weight of the pipes and air filter do not put the carbs down. The carbs are mounted in rubber

well air intake got pushed back to lack of money soo.....

well i didnt get the air intake job done but i did cut off the pipes 16inches, its not in the picture since it got too dark but i went to autozone to pick up a steel 4inch exhaust tube to slip over it now it sounds like its supposed too. i also had one of the rubber carb rings slip off the original air intake so i picked up a 4guage wire cut the sheathing off it and wrapped it around where the seal is supposed to be an hose clamped it tight haha. good ole 82nd airborne engineering.:eek:[;)

Attachments

• 100_1530.jpg
    100_1530.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG064.jpg
    IMG064.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 14
why would would want to reduce it down to 1? thats pretty much stock and will restrict air flow like crazy even if it is a opened filter, my buddy has a 72 honda cb750 and i took off the stock air box and add the 4 indiviual air breathers also has to do some carb work, rejetting and adjusting

Latest posts

Back