Rat Rod Trike

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley Davidson

This is one of the things I built for my grandson for Christmas. I took a Radio Flyer trike removed the rear axle & wheels, replaced them with the fat plastic ones, welded a new seat mount for a more comfortable/safer seat but the crown jewl of this build is the springer front end & ape hangers off of a schwinn crate bike. It also has a throttle off of a little harley bike that make a motor sound. It won't be painted for Christmas but he's only 11 months old so I have plenty of time for painting and some more mods.
trike.jpg

Thats really neat, but you might wanna have a child sit on it and see if they can even reach the apes! Those are pretty tall for that seat.

Thats really neat, but you might wanna have a child sit on it and see if they can even reach the apes! Those are pretty tall for that seat.

Right now he can't reach anything so I made it so he can sit on the seat and hang on to the lower part of the apes by the goose neck and I will hold on to the upper part and push him from behind. There's no pedals on it for now either but I am putting some foot rests for him, probably floor boards from a Harley, may even add a sissy bar/back rest so I can strap him in or at least be more stable for him.

Latest posts

Back