Snag in switching from Tree to Floor Shifter

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley Davidson

My 64 Dodge D100 has the emergency brake on the tail of the trans. I started to put the shifter in but that hunk of metal is in the way. Can I take it off and cut the brackets or is it a big job like getting a longer drive shaft or shortening the truck which I want to do but not tonight.

There is bracketry for moving the shifter around obstacles but I'll need to cut a lot of floor out as it is.

Also do the levers on the trans end up pointing up rather than down as they are now when you go to a floor shifter.

The kit was given to me by a guy that gives me junk all the time that ends up costing me money then I just end up scrapping it. It's a Mr.Gasket universal shifter for a pickup truck.

You should be able to drop the drive line and remove all the band or shoes and drum components and put the drive shaft back in, course you'll loose your E brake.Pics just for example if you could post some it might help im not a mopar guy.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 11
  • j20.jpg
    j20.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 14
you can put the brackets either up or down. you can also hook to either one with either rod to make for some really fun shift patterns, just do what you wanna do, as for the e-brake, sorry man, no clue

as dumb as this may sound, why not a longer cable and mount the whole Ebrake mess at the REAR U joint..... same bolt pattern, correct hardware, out of the way AND you get to keep that Ebrake.... just a thought.

Latest posts

Back