IH Speedo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busch

I have a 50s IH pickup Speedo in RR went with chevy 350 trans ,its way off could this be bad cable or 30 years make that much difference in how it would read

Don't think the cable would cause it to be off....

I have a 50s IH pickup Speedo in RR went with chevy 350 trans ,its way off could this be bad cable or 30 years make that much difference in how it would read

Normally the only deciding factor is the gears in the transmission or the fact the speedo itself is bad... if the cable were jumping in the head or drive gear I suppose it might be off but if that were the case, I think you'd hear it...never seen a cable cause that type of issue.... cable might cause the needle to jump around but if it's a steady reading only off, the gearing is wrong in the trans for the driveline/tire size/ rear gear

Can't get to read over 40 mph
Going much faster than that
Worked better last year with old trans
At lest it up an running

does the speedo climb steady to 40 then stop moving as you continue to accelerate? if so id say the speedo is faulty. if the needle jumps around and is not steady, then id say the cable is gummy and stickey and faulty, and if its just not accurate and still smooth operation, the gears could be of the wrong ratio. how did you connect to the different tranny? did you use the original cable with the gear that goes in the tranny? or did you use the original cable from the tranny you installed then connect that to the speedo?

Awesome... now you can speed & honestly tell the cop you were only doing 40... I want one!!!

BoB

Ha Ha this happened tonite BoB out doing some hot laps around the airport
Cop said he could here the Blower wasn't quick enough to get the gun on me. Told him speedo only go up to 40 Officer he started laughing said I want a ride told him to get in. It all work out

Back to the speedo came to a stop sign stopped looked down 20 15 held for about 10sec dropped to zero not good some things junk

Ahhhhhh.... don't think so....LOL

Awesome... now you can speed & honestly tell the cop you were only doing 40... I want one!!!

BoB

Law says you have to obey the speed limit.... nowhere does it say you have to have a speedometer...... at least not in Michigan anyway..... [cl

Latest posts

Back