slip yoke? driveshaft 1985 truck???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riffraff

ok went and looked at a 1985 lb chevy truck today the original tranz was slipping so the dude pulled it out it in the floor and he got a nuther tranz for it he told me that the drive shaft is 3 inches to short so what the deal is it a th350 and the one he pulled is it a th400 ?? can i just get a longer slip yoke? like on denny,s driveshafts or what ??? any info

They make two different length tail shafts for the 350 turbo, you can get the other(right length) it probably would be easiest to get the one you need!!

thanks

what i,m looking at $$ its got the tranz that came out of it with the right tail shaft but its slips bad he said i dont wont to put a lot of $$ in it. its a beater a 6 inch slipyoke is about $70.00. i just dont no thanks

TH 350's came in 3 different lenghts ,6", 9" and 12" tailshafts. The shorter 6" used a two piece driveshaft/support bearing.That should be all you need for this.
Brian

If you have the old tranny just swap out the tails.

Attachments

• transmissiondimensionsuz.jpg
    transmissiondimensionsuz.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 7
  • transpic.jpg
    transpic.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 8
ok????

so i would have to take bouth tranz all the way apart boy i just think thats a lot of work and i dont own any tranz tools sounds like i should just rebuild the tranz that came out of it or am i wrong about this?? dont have the truck in hand yet 3 weeks i,ll be home thinking about just a longer yoke??if that would work? its a long bed mabe a longer drive shaft? think the 2 piece is out of the ? ??? thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back