27T project progress...Finally

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledog

A really rusty biker
After a long cold winter I am finally getting somewhere..I think. Got it channeled, floor started, suspension and floor should be complete by mid May.
I feel like that old turtle, slow but sure.

Attachments

• 27before.jpg
    27before.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 27coupeafter1.jpg
    27coupeafter1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 99
  • tatdans.jpg
    tatdans.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 108
  • tatdans1.jpg
    tatdans1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
When I click on the information boxes, it goes to a screen that says I am not logged in or do not have permissions to view the pictures. Then I hit the back button and it goes back here and logs me in?

I see the pics too and it looks like good progress to me. I wouldn't feel bad about the speed of the project. I heard that there is some guy named Don in Florida that's been working on his roadster for seven years now and it was a working car when he started :D :D .

'32 Ford

I heard that there is some guy named Don in Florida that's been working on his roadster for seven years now and it was a working car when he started :D :D .

Gastrick,
Yeah, I heard he's lookin' for a nice cheap '32 Ford too!!! ; - >

BoB

A few more things have happened so I guess the beat goes on. Here's where I'm at now.

Attachments

• floor1.jpg
    floor1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 72
  • floor2.jpg
    floor2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 68
  • floor3.jpg
    floor3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 83
  • frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 144
Believe it or not I do work on my roadster. Haven't posted build progress for a while so here is some of the stuff I've been doing. Got the dash mocked up I think this is the way it will end up but you never know. After I took the pics I noticed that the gauges are not straight, but they will be in the end.

I had an old bp pistol that I couldn't get timed right so I took it apart and might use some parts in the build, here you see them as door handles.

Finally found a windshield frame, my wife wants me to leave it full height, and she is part of the build so will leave it that way (for now).

I wanted to run dirt track tires, but being a bit on the frugal side I didn't want to pay the price so I found some Goodyear all weather bias ply used on pre WWII cars. 600-16 on the front, 650-16 on the rear. After searching through at least 10,000,000 wheels at Junkrassic park(a local rust emporium that you would have to see to believe) I found 4 16 inch 5 x 4.5" wheels, two 4" and 2 4.5", had them sand blasted. Left them rough to give a semi gloss when I powder coated them. Ran out of powder so I haven't done the rears yet.

Should have the engine and tranny in next weekend for mock up purposes. Problem being the body is really heavy so I will need to get some help to set the body on the frame so I can mark for body mounts.

If I lived in Florida where there is 48 hours in a day I could get much more done.:D:D

Attachments

• windshieldframe.jpg
    windshieldframe.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 61
  • driverhandle.jpg
    driverhandle.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 67
  • passhandle.jpg
    passhandle.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 56
  • frontwheel.jpg
    frontwheel.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 63
  • tread.jpg
    tread.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 65
Hmmmm. Looks like you may have pieced out a Remington Model 1863 Navy Revolver.

I like everything going on there. I think the Goodyears are a good look too.

Oh, and I'm here to tell ya, there's only about 16 hours in a day here in Florida. We just have to work faster or we melt from the heat. :D

Seems like the last three weekends have been dedicated to weather related activities so it was nice to get out to the shop today.

Put the engine and tranny into the frame. Now I can measure for the drive line. I think I am going to have to cut my grill shell down, seems a bit tall but can't really tell till I get some muscle over to get the body on.

The frame is a speedway with a couple of mods. Added some rear shock mounts to move them out about 5" and added some gussets to the frame.

This is not the exhaust I am going to use, just popped it on for looks. Not a whole lot going on but at least I feel I've done something.

Attachments

• shockextension.jpg
    shockextension.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 70
  • gussets.jpg
    gussets.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 83
  • framewmtr.jpg
    framewmtr.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 113
  • radornament.jpg
    radornament.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 84
It looks real nice to me dog. I know that when I hav not worked on my car for a while, any progress at all feels good. I agree that the grill shell as it sits, is probably going to need to be a bit lower but I'm just basing that on it's relation to the engine.

Man, those Goodyears and yellow wheels look sweet.

cycledog, what did you do with the top parts you cut off? still got them? Builds looking good. I'm collecting parts for my 27 build. Really like the tires and wheels. let me know about the top if you still have them. TP

Latest posts

Back