Heatless In Seattle ...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Moron

Captain Morgan's crazy cousin!
AND OTHER PLACES .....

Yea , you're lucky enough to have a garage ... but ya got no heat ( to speak of ) ... so you fire up a little jet engine on a wheeled cart while you're working.

Well what about product & chemical storage when you're not there ?

Here's a tip :

Metal storage locker - men's locker room style / kitchen cabinet style or metal wardrobe cabinet. Drill a hole in the bottom and run electric to mount a single light bulb socket ... install perforated metal or expanded metal shelves ( leave a good 6" clearance from top of light bulb to first lower shelf ) ... insulate side , back walls & door ... drill a series of vent holes in the top.
Plug it in at the first sign of frost ... leave it plugged in all winter.
A single 40 watt light bulb , in an insulted metal cabinet , properly vented , will keep your stuff from freezing on the coldest of winter days ... and only cost pennies a day. A continuous use light bulb is the cheapest part of your electric bill.

Great tip Cap't, reminds me of when I was kid growing up we had cattle. We used medicine on the cattle that could not freeze, so I used an old Ice box (refridgerator) and unhooked the light switch, and the guts, so the light inside worked and nothing else. A very small bulb kept the inside toasty. I later used a simmilar set up to store welding rods. Cold here today, may have to build one for myself soon.

Last edited:
I read somewhere thats what they use on Soda machines that sit outside. the bulb is all they need to keep the soda from freezing

Uh-Oh, another reason for me to worry bout my house and garage when Flat reads this.....;)

Latest posts

Back