Pics of the 46 International

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjoman

Finally learned how to post pics(Thanks Bonehead) here is the 46 International the day we got it home...will post updated pics later today

Attachments

• Picture 003 Small.JPG
    Picture 003 Small.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Picture 004 Small.JPG
    Picture 004 Small.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Picture 002 Small.JPG
    Picture 002 Small.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I had to go look in the garage to make sure mine was still there :D looking forward to seeing what you do to it .....`24

More Pics

Here are a few more........

Attachments

• frame motor.JPG
    frame motor.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 66
  • driver side.JPG
    driver side.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 56
  • motor.JPG
    motor.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 62
I love what you've done with the engine. Its so organic looking. Seriously though, are you planning on using that engine in your truck? Is that the spitfire?

The engine that was in it was a GRD214 Flathead 6 and it was going to cost about 3800.00 to rebuilt, so i have put the complete body on a 1972 chevy frame, 350 smallblock, ps, pb, a/c the 72 chevy was given to me so i had nothing to loose.....

The chassis swap is done, bed is framed in and mounted, working on cab mounts now, building a new tailgate, and still have to make brackets for the front end, im going after work to take some pics tonight so you can see were im at right now. And you have to understand that before this project i have never welded, fabricated, or anything of this nature, i come from painting and electronics background, but i think for my first project its looking pretty cool.

Sounds cool Banjo. That 72 frame will give you a lot of easy to buy options for suspension and steering and brake components. Can't wait to see how it sits on that frame

Great catch!!!

Banjo,
Nice catch... let the fun begin!!! U got a nice start there... should make an awesome truck! Lookin' forward to watchin' u're progress!

BoB

Here is where i am at as of right now, so far its been a blast and im learning a lot, thanks for all your good works and help on here.

Attachments

• international 001.jpg
    international 001.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 104
  • international 002.jpg
    international 002.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 78
  • international 003.jpg
    international 003.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 82
  • international 006.jpg
    international 006.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 92
  • international 004.jpg
    international 004.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 60
Looks like you are well on the way Banjoman. Modern suspension, chassis, and powertrain in one big swoop. Are you going to try to get those front tires in to the fender a little bit or no? You are doing really good.

Gas, the fenders are not done yet, i have to in on the back side and build a brace for them, they will come out just flush with the outside of the tire..will that be ok? or do i need to get them inside some??

The whole build is looking good. You have figured out how to do alot of things, in a pretty cool way. The rear fenders look good moved back. The truck is going to look sweet going down the road.

Thank you guys for the nice comments, i was kinda scared to put the pics on here for fear of getting laughed at. But i should know better than that you guys dont do that to us beginners, and yes bonehead i have learn a ton so far like how to burn a hole thru sheet metal with the welder and that if you hit the end of your finger with the plazma cutter you will say a bad word.......uh yeah im learning a lot...............and having a blast doing it

Latest posts

Back