Me Again

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T DRIVER

Need some help again Could anyone help me Identify what these no# are on my Block Its a G M 5.7L this is what I need help with VO524 PHH CJ4154467 than after the Liter no# it has L G SGI 4 E 1 88 Thank You. :confused:

Are you tryin to prove what it came out of or just generally wanting to know what the numbers are :confused:
Get this number it's right behind the drivers side head cast into the block it will tell you what it is ;)
It looks like it's a 95 to 00 and can have either flat tappet or roller lifters used in it and has a 1 piece rear main seal.
Is the engine all together or apart ?
If it's all together
"Shine a flashlight down a pushrod or oil drainback hole in a head. If the block is set up for roller, the tops of the lifter bosses will be machined flat. If there are factory rollers in there, you'll see them along with the dogbone retainers."

Jim

Attachments

• chevy 350.jpg
    chevy 350.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 14
Here's something else I found.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_LT_engine
And this:
"That is a 350 that was used from 1987 to 1995, It could be a 2 bolt or 4 bolt main and did not say for sure. It could also have a roller are flat tappet camshaft in it.
It does have a 1 piece rear main seal.
The only problem they had with them is the block cracking down in the lifter gallery.
Those blocks were thin and weak in that area. Not a good block for high performance useage are high RPMs. Hope I helped."

Jim

Just alittle help

Im not trying to prove anything . I bought this ride few months ago and I know nothing about the engine . Just trying to figure out what I have the engine is sitten in the car and is together I've been looking on the internet lots and can't come up any place to siffer the numbers that I have. Just like anybody else on this site they just want to find out what rear end they have or heads or body thats rusted away. Just thought this would save me time of doing a tear down. I don't have to know this infromation but would be nice. Thank You for what u did find for me every little bet helps.

Latest posts

Back