Dash part...what the heck is it from

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoddingRon

A man in his natural habitat....a Studebaker
IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

I don't have a clue, but that sucker is cool man!! That's be perfect for stuffing a set of Auto Meter 3 3/8" tach and speedo in.

I think the big ones go on the left & the smaller ones on the right. What it's from is another story! :eek:[S

Toad

No, no, it's not from a dash at all. It came from a concept car that was thunk up by a guy who was blind in one eye, so he made this headlight arrangement for a one-sided Studebaker. Then when normal people saw his oddball creation, they couldnt decide how to make it right, and they came up with the bullet-nose Stude. And now you know the REST of the Story. Good Day! (I'm not related to Paul Harvey);)

It has a 50's GM look to me, and pretty much like this 1958 Pontiac dash, but turned 180 from the way you have it shown.

pontiacdash.jpg

Forget that tach added on the extreme left, the rest looks similar.

Don

Here is another one from a 58 Pontiac.

pontiacdash2.jpg

Thanks Don...Looks like you nailed it. My friend picked up the bezel at Charlotte goodguys last weekend. Oh, the way it is laying on the bench is how he put it down, so I just took the pics that way....kind of figured it was backwards.

Thanks guys for the humor and the answer!

Latest posts

Back