My new distributor for my project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustrod

Well here is my great score, I have lots of hot rod buddys that will help me make this work. It is set up for a SBC but I don't know anything about this style ignition other then dual points and coils, pluss the cool factor[S any info and experience will help, thanks:D:D

Attachments

• Bone yard hot rod 186.jpg
    Bone yard hot rod 186.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Bone yard hot rod 188.jpg
    Bone yard hot rod 188.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Bone yard hot rod 189.jpg
    Bone yard hot rod 189.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Bone yard hot rod 187.jpg
    Bone yard hot rod 187.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 38
well sorry i dont have any experience or knowledge about that dist... but i must say its very KOol!! i sure hope you find a way to make it work for you, its definatly one of a kind :D [cl[cl

take it apart and post more pics!!

Interesting! Any idea on the brand or manufacturer? What shape is the drive gear in?

Its a Spalding flame thrower

:D The distributor is basically split in 1/2. instead of having 8 cam lobes for the points to operate on it uses 4 and has 2 rotors (on the same drum) and 2 distributor caps and 2 coils. from what i understand this system has advantages over a normal distributor (less point bounce, more dwell time, less chance of cross firing, etc..[cl

I saw one like that before but its been a long time and I just can't be sure where, but I think it was on an airboat motor ? or maybe at big daddys place, it escapes me but I remember seeing that weird thing, pretty sure it was on an airplane motor in an airboat, hope that helps a little,in any case let us all know, when you find out for sure,

Stolen from the H.A.M.B

Jackpot!!!!!!!![cl[dr

Attachments

• spalding1.jpg
    spalding1.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 23
  • spalding2.jpg
    spalding2.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 16
  • spalding3.jpg
    spalding3.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 12