Since I recently joined I thought.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratty 46

some of you folks would enjoy some of the stuff I punch out. Although lots of it is in the motorcycle areana.....I do dabble in street rods, race cars & general all around flunky metal working - at times.

Picture969.jpg

Picture615.jpg

oiltank9.jpg

oiltank8.jpg

Thanks for looking....

R46

Very nice!!!

Ratty,
Wow... that is very nice work! Thanks for postin'!!! Love to see any of u're work!

BoB

Well than......thanks.......I'll give you a few I have hear on this puter:

first is HD oil tank that has a thurst add on:

Picture603.jpg

Second pic is 1 of my seat pans that I did for a one of the biker build off winners: Leroy Thompson Choppers....this pan was double stacked - which meat I had to make two seat pans exactly the same.......peen the top "cover" and completely weld the outer seam......the leather work & engraving were farmed out....

SmokeOutseatforLTC.jpg

I've got tons more but I don't want to bore people with motorcycle parts.......

R46

Nice work, from another welder by trade. Is PACO you? I like the name plate welded on, it is a nice touch. Now on a side note: where can I order the airbags you have pictured on the bike seat. (The guys here know I am recovering from a broken back and am looking for a way to soften my ride a little)

Thanks...... although I can weld 4130, stainless & mild steels......I prefer aluminum. I think it looks "richer" than the other alloys.....but that's me.

PACO is my welding "pen name". Most (well some people) know me in the custom motorcycle industry for my seat pans, oil tanks & exhaust pipe work.....I've got a full time real job M-F and pibble with the welding work on the weekends.....it pays for my addictions......motorcycles, hot rods, pro street cars, etc.

As for those air shox......I sell them attached to the seat pan only.....supply is not as good as one would expect so.....that seat pan sells for 325.00 + shipping.....

R46

Last edited:
Nice work, Ratty.
Maybe sometime you could do a technical dump and tell us some of the things, tips and tricks to welding in aluminum.

I mig and oxy/acet weld and my buddy tigs. Both of us will have issues from time to time in different situations.

What can you tell us about having things turn out as nice as yours?

Well again guys - thanks......the reason I joined - to share info & ideas.

Don......practice is the key to the welding......daily. You can not expect to pick up a tig torch once a week & get good at it - although thats basically what I do as I've got a M-F non related job & get to do this on the weekends - I've been doing it for a long time now.

Unkl Ian - a dude named "Lunchbox" did the engraving. He is not doing any side work right now - he was/is the replacement engraver for JJ @ WCC & does their work exclusively.

Thanks Mad Dog - although I have a very nice & new Miller mig welder I generally TIG weld everything. I have it as a "backup" just in case. I even replaced my qrtr. panel on my pro street chev II C-dan via TIG welding.
I can only say time & effort is the key to having people pay you to do some of the jobs that I do.......plus I'm not expensive & I get stuff out when I say I will. Practice is the key - as if with anything. I also weld as/if the item I'm working on is going on my bike, my car, my boat, my whatever....be very pickey - I am. I think it shows.

Gastrick - I've got tons of pix......I've not loaded on phot bucket yet...when I do........

R46

Latest posts

Back