bought another welder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gold03

He lives in an "Altered State"!
I couldn't help it... I bought a Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt for $250.00. As soon as you go AC/DC here the price gets a little steeper so $250.00 was pretty good. Its about ten years old and welds like a charm. Its the third welder in the garage now:eek:, my wife thinks I might be nuts. The first one is a Lincoln 110V MIG on gas, then I bought a Miller Diversion 180 TIG, now the miller Thunderbolt.

gold03[cl

It's like prunes man.....

Is one enough? Is six too many???? Can't have enough of either....welders or prunes....if you don't get it....you ain't old enough.....LOL

Hey Bonehead, I keep thinking that exact thing for my of road Jeep. I want to build a alternator welder for on the trails!

I only have thirty amps in the garage so I have about three fifths of the maximum out put of the welder, but it works great. I bought it for welding the frame on my rat rod project. I need to modify the stock frame and my TIG would be a little slow with me running it, not to mention expensive. The old thunder bolt works great.

gold03

Cool that you can use it right away....

Had an 80amp service into the barn upped it to 100 should have done more but it's right off the pole and I could increase it without too much problem...the barn is on it's own meter and gas line.....anyway, hope you can use the heck out that welder...good deal..

80 amps! holy c**p![dr I only got thirty in the garage.

I thought the welder was to good of a deal to pass up on.

Latest posts

Back