A Little Help Indentifing????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchs66

Hey Everyone, a local farm is getting cleaned off and I asked if I could look around. I found this cowl and doors in the timber, I'm pretty sure that it is Model A but it has some different features than the A's I've been around[S Maybe it's '28 or '29? the '31 I painted for my cousin had doors like the loose door in the photos....

RModelA002.jpg

Not to bad on this side...

RModelA003.jpg

This door is worse but can be used...

RModelA004.jpg

RModelA007.jpg

RModelA005.jpg

This door was in the dirt close by and I brought it home for parts, but it is different...it's like the '31, has metal framing or support on the inside and the doors on the cowl just have the skin and some rotten wood left behind...

RModelA008.jpg

This is the inside of the other doors...and the window openings on these doors are 14 inches and the single door is 13 inches...

RModelA010.jpg

RModelA011.jpg

Lower part isn't bad for setting in the dirt for how long???

Any help would be great, just nice to know what I have for sure and what do you guys think this stuff is worth? I gave $50.00 and my co-workers said I should have my head examined, but I see an awesome Model A Rat Rod[;)

It is the front half of a '30-'31 Fordor Sedan. That's why it has the rounded upper window openings and was wood-framed. The loose steel-framed door is from a Tudor Sedan, Pickup or Coupe, depending on the width.

Thank you Blue Eyed Devil, I couldn't see why the doors were different because I really thought the cowl was '30-'31. I should be able to make a inner structure for doors and use them[;)

Yep you do need your head examined, money back offers are on the table :D
Come to think of it we all need our heads examined [ddev

Latest posts

Back