When gas get too high...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Handlebars!

Just make sure and find a place on your rat bicycle for your Bonehead shift knob.

Gastrick,
By then the Bonehead will b makin' *handlebars* so no worries!!! ; - >

Bonehead,
U better start bonin' up on u're handlebar routine... a brand new market 4 ya!!!

That would be really funny...

Note to self: Big old shifter on a rat bike... ; - >

BoB

Here's my rat bike....................WWW and all!
100_1993.jpg

has anyone here built one of those with a lawnmower engine? I've got an old 3hp mclane reel mower i'm thinking about combining with a schwinn bike i got for $10 at a yard sale. It has a clutch and a variable throttle so it should be doable. thoughts?

Your not cool unless you got a shifter.

I remember when the "Orange Krate" came out in the mid to late 60's, I wanted one pretty badly.
Schwinn also did a:
yellow one - "Lemon Peeler"
green one - "Pea Picker"
red one - "Apple Krate"
silver one - "Grey Ghost"
Might have been a couple of others.

Jeff

Oh yeah!

has anyone here built one of those with a lawnmower engine? I've got an old 3hp mclane reel mower i'm thinking about combining with a schwinn bike i got for $10 at a yard sale. It has a clutch and a variable throttle so it should be doable. thoughts?

Joe,
A friend of mine used to make them all the time. My brother & I had several. He used 5hp Briggs & Stratton motors, centrifugal clutch, wheelbarrow rear wheel. He made a big back brake that had a big paddle that rubbed on the rear wheel & a regular bike front brake. They'd go about 40 mph which was plenty fast for a mini bike!!! Go for it!

BoB

Latest posts

Back