The coupe goes under the knife....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abomb

Banned
Well, I've been threatening this for a while now. This afternoon I went to my shop with the intention to shim up my body and prep it for it's haircut. The shim and leveling went good, so I decided to go ahead and do some of the cutting as well. I was just going to cut everything half way, you know, to save time for whoever I convinced to come over and help me next week while I'm on vacation. Well....one thing led to another, and it turns out I can lift the whole roof off and on by myself..........so here it sits with a new 4" shave. It's just tacked back together, I've got to make a few relief cuts inbetween the 1/4 and back windows, then finish up the welding. Sorry about the horrible photo's, my camera sucks.......

S2010008.jpg

S2010007-1.jpg

S2010003-1.jpg

S2010001-2.jpg

lol they look like vintage 70's poloroid pics to me lol:p good job on the chop it looks good

Yeah, maybe you can pass these pictures off as being from back in the day. :D Chop looks good though. :D Funny how we intend on just doing something simple but then we keep going.

Don

Well, I've been slowly welding this thing up. I'm considering cutting the doors again to level the tops up with the body. On every A coupe I've seen, the tops of the doors run down hill from the drip rail,it looks like the door is sagging at the top, but the body lines are right on, and it bugs the *^%$ out of me. It's the way it's designed, but it looks wrong to me, so if I raise the back of the doors window frame up a half inch, the sagging look will be gone, but I'll have to cut the window glass a little taller at the back than the front. I can't help but think that this will be less noticable than the sagging look. Another option is to build up the door top and grind it to fit, I guess, but this will give the top of the window frame a slight angle.

Sometimes I wish I just didn't notice these little things, it'd be much easier to finish a car if I just weren't such a picky *******.

Sometimes I wish I just didn't notice these little things, it'd be much easier to finish a car if I just weren't such a picky *******.

I know exactly what you mean. Yesterday I helped my Son Dan start building his frame. It took us 4 hours to get it square on the jig! I was done at the one hour mark, but he didn't trust the squareness of the jig, so out came the laser and lots more measuring.

I think his car should be running in about 2025. :eek::D Your A is looking good though, so I guess the pickiness pays off.

Don

Latest posts

Back